ADVERTISEMENT FOR SCHOOL BOARD ATTORNEY
FOR CALHOUN COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD
The Calhoun County School Board seeks an individual or firm to provide direct and professional legal counsel and representation to the School Board as the School Board attorney on a contracted basis.
Responsibilities and duties of the School Board Attorney include, but are not limited to:
- Attending at all regular and special school board meetings, including workshops when specifically requested by the Board or the Superintendent.
- Providing legal advice to the Board Members, the Superintendent and his staff.
- Representing the School Board as legal counsel in all litigation, suits or actions instituted by or against the School Board, except where otherwise covered by insurance.
- Coordinating outsourced legal services as needed pursuant to School Board policy or at the direction of the School Board.
- Providing legal assistance in drafting and review of legal documents, policies, procedures, resolutions, applications, legal notices, advertisements and all other legal or quasi legal papers upon request.
- Preparing and approving as to form all contracts entered on behalf of the School Board.
- Advising the School Board on all aspects of employee management.
- Advising the School Board on the purchase, sale, lease or disposition of real and physical property.
- Rendering legal advice and representation in all areas of school law, including but not limited to IDEA/ESE, constitutional issues, administrative law issues, discipline, land use, growth managements, contracts, litigation, eminent domain, basic real estate and civil litigation.
- Performing any other duties consistent with the legal needs of the School Board and School District as the School Board may require.
Candidates must be a member in good standing with the Florida Bar and have a minimum of five (5) years experience in the practice of law. In addition, candidates should have general knowledge of administrative law. Specific knowledge of education law is preferred. Other performance criteria are listed in the RFP.
The Request for Proposal is available on the district website at calhounflschools.org. Copies of the RFP may also be picked up at the Superintendent’s Office at 20859 Central Ave East, Room G-20, Blountstown, FL 32424.
Calhoun County School District will receive Sealed Bids until 12:00 Noon, CST on November 8, 2019, at the Superintendent’s Office of the Calhoun County School District, 20859 Central Ave East Room G-20, Blountstown, FL 32424. Bids received after that time will not be accepted. Bids will be opened publicly and read aloud at 12:05 PM on the same date. Calhoun County School District reserves the right to waive irregularities and to reject any and all Bids.